September has been a huge month for Filecoin and has demonstrated the breadth, depth, and commitment of the Filecoin community. Activity is starting to heat up as we enter the home stretch of Filecoin’s highly anticipated mainnet launch, and concurrent FIL trading on CoinList. Let’s dive in:
- Announcing Filecoin Slingshot (Space Race 2): While Space Race 1 focused on miners, the Filecoin Network is a multi-dimensional network with many critical stakeholders and audiences. Starting tomorrow, the Filecoin team will be ready to bring in storage clients, app developers, tooling providers, and the many other community members to deploy their products to the testnet. Over the course of the event, eligible participants will compete for a prize pool of up to 500,000 FIL. Learn more and register here.
- Filecoin’s Juan Benet: The Vision for Web 3.0: Filecoin founder Juan Benet, Ethereum co-founder Joe Lubin, and CoinDesk senior reporter Brady Dale recorded an insightful conversation last week on why the internet needs to be reinvented and why data storage is the place to start. Watch on YouTube.
- How Web 3.0 Creates Value for Users, Not Platforms: "The internet is one of humanity’s most important technologies. Let’s make sure it serves us well for decades to come” said Pooja Shah, Product Lead at Filecoin in a recent CoinDesk article. Read the full article here.
- Spark University Hackathon Winners: Last week, the Filecoin team shared the results of the first of two challenges they sponsored for the recently-concluded Spark University Hackathon. This week, they shine a spotlight on the winners of the second challenge: building an app that showcases the convenience of interoperability between Filecoin and IPFS. Read about the winners here.
- Understanding the complex crypto system meant to rival AWS: The Filecoin marketplace delivers a totally new and secure way for anyone in the world to buy and sell data storage. In last week’s CoinDesk piece on Filecoin, author Brady Dale broke down seven key aspects and takeaways from Filecoin’s token economy. Read more.
This blog post is being distributed by Amalgamated Token Services Inc., dba “CoinList,” or one of its subsidiaries. This blog post and use of the CoinList website is subject to certain disclosures, restrictions and risks, available here.