As we enter the home stretch of Filecoin’s mainnet launch ahead of Filecoin distribution, custody, and trading on CoinList, we will be providing weekly updates on Filecoin’s progress and developments. Let’s jump in.
- Last week, Filecoin founder Juan Benet joined Balaji Srinivasan and Vitalik Buterin for a panel on “The Future of Decentralized Social Media,” moderated by Kartik Talwar of ETH Global. The flaws of centralized social media platforms have gained mainstream attention recently when Twitter was compromised, allowing an attacker to gain control of many of the largest accounts. But even before last week, issues like deplatforming and data protection requirements have created an opportunity for decentralized social networks to gain ground. Watch their insightful conversation here.
- In their latest installment of the Community Highlights series, Filecoin featured three teams participating in HackFS, a month-long hackathon co-hosted by Protocol Labs and ETH Global, designed to showcase the power of Web3. Participants are building anything and everything that can benefit from decentralized storage, from dapps and games, to dev tools and DeFi integrations. Check out the blog post for an inside look at Kazan, Parcel, and EduVault.
- The Filecoin Testnet Incentives Program, the Filecoin Space Race, is set to kick off next week. In this 3-week competition, miners will compete to onboard as much storage capacity as possible to the network with a chance to earn up to 4 million FIL tokens in rewards. CoinList will be assisting Filecoin with compliance for the Space Race. Get started by joining the Filecoin Slack.
- In case you missed it, Filecoin purchasers can get ready to receive their Filecoin tokens on CoinList. Purchasers will be able to receive their distribution directly into their CoinList wallets — with no custody fees — or can opt to receive their distribution directly at one of several supported custodians. Register now for the Filecoin distribution if you haven’t already.
- Filecoin Storage has integrated with Ocean Protocol to develop a new storage strategy that will allow users to fine-tune their preferences in terms of data availability and size, geographical access, and storage costs. The integration was completed by Ocean service partner Protofire, who received a grant from Filecoin for the work.
- Learn how Filecoin's built-in verification methods make it possible to trust peers in an incentivized, decentralized file storage system with this self-guided tutorial.
This blog post is being distributed by Amalgamated Token Services Inc., dba “CoinList,” or one of its subsidiaries. This blog post and use of the CoinList website is subject to certain disclosures, restrictions and risks, available here.