August has been a busy month for Filecoin as we enter the home stretch of Filecoin’s highly anticipated mainnet launch and trading on CoinList. Let’s dive in.
- Filecoin Space Race Kicks Off: The Filecoin Testnet Incentives Program officially kicked off yesterday! For the next three weeks, miners on the Filecoin Testnet will be competing for up to 4M FIL in prizes as they race to onboard as much storage space as possible. Start your engines.
- HackFS Hackathon Finale: After a month of workshops, talks, AMAs, and heads-down building, 134 teams submitted final projects for the inaugural HackFS hackathon, unveiling amazing tools and services to drive the decentralized web. In total, more than 470 hackers from 50 countries across 19 time zones participated in this 30-day virtual event. Check out the recap of the final demo day.
- Live Broadcast with Pooja Shah on CoinList Chats: Last week, CoinList Co-Founder Andy Bromberg sat down with Pooja Shah, Product Lead at Filecoin, to discuss Filecoin’s product roadmap, use cases, and how miners, developers, and traders can get involved leading up to mainnet launch next month. Check out the broadcast here.
- Filecoin Launchpad Accelerator: Applications have been extended until this Friday for the Filecoin LaunchPad Accelerator, a full-time, fully-remote program for teams building open, interoperable, and programmable tools for the decentralized web. Created by Protocol Labs and Consensys, the program will provide 15 to 20 accepted companies with an investment of $80K along with mentorship and guidance. Learn more here.
- APOLLO Builder Community: APOLLO, a joint initiative between Filecoin and Gitcoin, is gathering 150 of the top people in the world interested in Filecoin, IPFS, and the open internet movement. Sound like you? Learn more and register for the program here.
This blog post is being distributed by Amalgamated Token Services Inc., dba “CoinList,” or one of its subsidiaries. This blog post and use of the CoinList website is subject to certain disclosures, restrictions and risks, available here.