August is shaping up to be a busy month for Filecoin as we enter the home stretch of Filecoin’s highly anticipated mainnet launch and trading on CoinList. Let’s dive in.
- Filecoin to Spur Data Storage in New Internet Era: In a recent Bloomberg article, author Matthew Leising explores how Filecoin will have to wrestle data storage away from giants like Amazon and Google as it prepares to launch its peer-to-peer data storage system next month.
- Live Broadcast with Pooja Shah on CoinList Chats: CoinList Co-Founder Andy Bromberg will sit down with Pooja Shah, Product Lead at Filecoin, this Wednesday at 10:30am PT / 1:30pm EST to discuss their product roadmap, use cases, and progress leading up to mainnet launch next month. Register for the broadcast here.
- Announcing the Randomness Summit: This Thursday, August 13th, Protocol Labs and ETHGlobal have partnered to host the Randomness Summit, a one-day virtual conference for distributed systems and critical infrastructure enthusiasts about the state of the art in randomness beacon research and deployment. Register here.
- Filecoin Launchpad Accelerator: Last week, Protocol Labs and ConsenSys Labs announced the launch of the Filecoin Launchpad Accelerator, a program aimed to boost Filecoin adoption in Ethereum and DeFi. This Fall, 15 to 20 accepted companies will be offered an investment of $80K along with mentorship and guidance. Apply here.
- Filecoin Virtual Community Meetup: The Filecoin community is gathering for the August Virtual Meetup tomorrow (August 11th) at 1pm PST / 4pm EST. Speakers include Figment Networks, Fleek and Gitcoin. Sign up to attend online.
- HackFS Vol. 3: Last week, Filecoin featured 3 teams participating in HackFS, a month-long hackathon co-hosted by Protocol Labs and ETH Global, designed to showcase the power of Web3 and building on the Filecoin ecosystem: Coeo, a communication and organization platform, IPFS.FPS, a first-person shooter game, and Sailplane, a file transfer tool.
- APOLLO Builder Community: Filecoin and Gitcoin announced APOLLO, a mission control to engage with the builders and doers within the Filecoin community. The program will run August 19th to September 30th. Register now.
This blog post is being distributed by Amalgamated Token Services Inc., dba “CoinList,” or one of its subsidiaries. This blog post and use of the CoinList website is subject to certain disclosures, restrictions and risks, available here.