August has been a jam-packed month for the Filecoin team as we enter the home stretch of Filecoin’s highly anticipated mainnet launch and trading on CoinList. Let’s recap what happened last week:
- Introducing the Filecoin Economy: The Filecoin marketplace delivers a totally new and secure way for anyone in the world to buy and sell storage. Last week, Filecoin shared an overview of how the storage economy works on the Filecoin Network. Read more about what it means to participate in the Filecoin economy.
- How to Build DApps on Filecoin: On Tuesday, September 1st, at 9am PST, Samuele Agostinelli, a Web3 developer at Fleek, will give a presentation on how to build decentralized apps using Filecoin’s Space Daemon. This free class is open to all developers. Watch the trailer here and register today!
- Filecoin Space Race: The Filecoin Testnet Incentives Program, nicknamed the Filecoin Space Race, officially kicked off last week. Miners on the Filecoin Testnet are currently competing for up to 4M FIL in prizes as they race to onboard as much storage space as possible. See highlights from Week 1 here. Filecoin also has a series of events planned for the Space Race, as well as a live leaderboard of the competition.
- Filecoin Launchpad Accelerator: Applications have officially closed on Friday for the Filecoin LaunchPad Accelerator, a full-time, fully-remote program for teams building open, interoperable, and programmable tools for the decentralized web. Created by Protocol Labs and Consensys, the program will provide 15 to 20 accepted companies with an investment of $80K along with mentorship and guidance. Learn more here.
- APOLLO Builder Community: APOLLO, a joint initiative between Filecoin and Gitcoin, is gathering 150 of the top people in the world interested in Filecoin, IPFS, and the open internet movement. Sound like you? Learn more and register for the program here.
This blog post is being distributed by Amalgamated Token Services Inc., dba “CoinList,” or one of its subsidiaries. This blog post and use of the CoinList website is subject to certain disclosures, restrictions and risks, available here.