August is shaping up to be an epic month for Filecoin as we enter the home stretch of Filecoin’s highly anticipated mainnet launch and trading on CoinList. Let’s dive in.
- Filecoin Launchpad Accelerator: Last week, Protocol Labs and ConsenSys Labs announced the launch of the Filecoin Launchpad Accelerator, a program aimed to boost Filecoin adoption in Ethereum and DeFi. This Fall, 15 to 20 teams will be given $80,000 apiece along with mentorship and guidance. Apply here.
- APOLLO Builder Community: Filecoin and Gitcoin announced a partnership to introduce APOLLO, a mission control to engage with the builders and doers within the Filecoin community. The program will run August 19th to September 30th. Register now.
- Filecoin Space Race: The Filecoin Testnet Incentives Program, the Space Race, is set to kick off later this week after the calibration period is complete. Miners will compete to onboard as much storage capacity as possible to the network with a chance to earn up to 4 million FIL tokens in rewards. CoinList will be assisting Filecoin in the Space Race. Get started by joining the Filecoin Slack.
- China Gets Behind Filecoin: According to the founder of Ethereum Classic Labs James Wo, “In China, Filecoin is so hot while DeFi is not. To make the hotspot, you have to let people participate. Purchasing mining machines is much easier than purchasing tokens in China.” Eight of the ten largest miners on the Filecoin testnet are in China.
- HackFS: Filecoin featured three teams participating in HackFS, a month-long hackathon co-hosted by Protocol Labs and ETH Global, designed to showcase the power of Web3. Check out the blog post for an inside look at the three teams.
- Filecoin Distribution, Custody, and Trading on CoinList: In case you missed it, Filecoin purchasers can get ready to receive their Filecoin tokens on CoinList. Purchasers will be able to receive their distribution directly into their CoinList wallets — with no custody fees — or can opt to receive their distribution directly at one of several supported custodians. Register now for the Filecoin distribution if you haven’t already.
This blog post is being distributed by Amalgamated Token Services Inc., dba “CoinList,” or one of its subsidiaries. This blog post and use of the CoinList website is subject to certain disclosures, restrictions and risks, available here.