This year has been a true test for crypto.
In 2022, the industry faced macroeconomic challenges, scandals, criminal trials, enforcement actions, and a handful of notable collapses and bankruptcies. In 2023, the crypto world started to shed its troubled history and geared up for an anticipated bull run ahead.
For CoinList, 2023 has been a strong year despite numerous headwinds. We added over 600,000 new users, ran 5 community sales, helped 12 top crypto projects onboard thousands of early adopters, launched 3 new products for both builders and adopters, and greatly advanced our offshore infrastructure to offer more compelling products worldwide.
Here’s a closer look at some of what we accomplished in 2023:
1. We added over 600,000 early adopters to our community
We’ve increased our user base by more than 600,000 globally. Users stemmed from over 170 countries, with strongest growth in Europe and Asia. Our users include validators, miners, traders, founders, accredited investors, crypto funds, bitcoin OGs, as well as a broad array of crypto early adopters that are passionate about moving crypto forward.
2. We ran 5 community sales, selling over $20M worth of tokens
CoinList ran community sales for 5 projects this year: Cyberconnect, Neon, Archway, Chainflip, and bitsCrunch. Over 1.5 million users registered for these sales, purchasing over $20 million in tokens across the five sales. Most recently, the bitsCrunch sale set a new record by selling out in 24 minutes — the fastest sale in CoinList history.
3. We connected builders with more than 100,000 high quality early adopters
At CoinList, our mission is clear and unwavering: to empower builders at any stage in their journey, and connect them with high quality early adopters. We’re proud to share that between the 5 community sales and 8 incentivized testnet & rewards campaigns we ran, we’ve added more than 100,000 new early adopters to top crypto projects including Cyberconnect, Neon, Archway, Chainflip, bitsCrunch, ZetaChain, Bondex, Powerloom, Subsquid, TeleportDAO, Magic Square, and Karate Combat.
4. We launched 3 new products: Testnets, cForm, Staking Fund
- Incentivized Testnets & User Acquisition Campaigns: Through our new testnet offering, we provide builders with access to top validators, developers, and early adopters with a track record of contributing to top protocols like Solana, Filecoin, Sui, Celo, and ZetaChain. User acquisition in crypto is extremely difficult, especially when you're trying to attract passionate and knowledgeable crypto enthusiasts to stress-test your network or product pre-launch. On CoinList, builders can source, vet, and reward testnet participants all in one place. Learn more here.
- cForm: cForm is a Web3 native form builder that allows projects to quickly and easily create on-chain whitelists, sign-up forms, or surveys. Projects can use cForm to attract and validate community members by creating forms that verify on-chain wallets, social media accounts, and gather other valuable information without any engineering work. By validating respondent inputs, cForm can safeguard against bots and ensure higher-quality responses. Learn more and give it a try here.
- Staking Fund: CoinList has launched a first-of-its-kind family of staking funds that allow U.S. accredited investors to earn rewards through investment in a fund whose strategy is to stake digital assets including ETH, SOL, NEAR, FLOW, MINA, and CSPR. If you already hold these assets and aren’t staking them yourself, we have a solution for you. Learn more and get started here.
5. We advanced our offshore infrastructure
In 2023, CoinList dedicated its efforts to actively engaging with governments and regulators that possess a comprehensive understanding of and appreciation for the crypto ecosystem to support our mission of scaling innovation on a global basis. Adopting a holistic strategy for international expansion, CoinList augmented its workforce in key regions such as Europe, the Caribbean, and South America. Simultaneously, CoinList invested in developing localized infrastructure and enhancing public-facing products.
As we transition into 2024, our commitment is to further solidify our international footprint. We aim to establish a robust presence in new markets and actively participate in the cultivation of clear, navigable regulatory frameworks. This strategic endeavor not only reflects our dedication to global expansion but also underscores our commitment to fostering a secure and user-friendly environment.
Looking ahead to 2024, we have several exciting new products in the pipeline, and of course more community sales to be announced very soon.
At CoinList, our mission is clear and unwavering: to empower builders at any stage in their journey, and connect them with high quality early adopters. If our mission excites you, check out our open roles here »
We wish everyone a fantastic holiday season and a happy new year.
This blog post is being distributed by CoinList Global Services Ltd., dba “CoinList,” or one of its subsidiaries. CoinList does not provide—and this post shall not be construed as—investment, legal or tax advice. This blog post and use of the CoinList website is subject to certain disclosures, restrictions and risks, available here.