As we enter the home stretch of Filecoin’s mainnet launch ahead of Filecoin distribution, custody, and trading on CoinList, we will be providing weekly updates on Filecoin’s progress and developments. Let’s jump in.
- Last week, the Filecoin team launched the Filecoin Testnet Incentives Program, nicknamed the Filecoin Space Race. This competition is intended to stress-test the network, encourage participation all over the world, and help miners get ready to run the world’s biggest decentralized storage network. In this 3-week competition, miners will compete to onboard as much storage capacity as possible to the network with a chance to earn up to 4 million FIL tokens in rewards. CoinList will be assisting Filecoin with compliance for the Space Race.
- In case you missed Filecoin’s June AMA with Juan Benet (Founder), check out the top questions and answers on the Filecoin blog.
- Filecoin purchasers can get ready to receive their Filecoin tokens on CoinList. Purchasers will be able to receive their distribution directly into their CoinList wallets — with no custody fees — or can opt to receive their distribution directly at one of several supported custodians. Register now for the Filecoin distribution if you haven’t already.
- The Filecoin team released an updated guide to Filecoin storage mining and discussed some of the recently announced incentives and opportunities for members of the growing Filecoin community.
- CoinDesk published an article entitled “Inside the Craze for Filecoin Crypto Mining in China” that explores how investors in China are speculating heavily on the network’s mining hardware and its token prices.
This blog post is being distributed by Amalgamated Token Services Inc., dba “CoinList,” or one of its subsidiaries. This blog post and use of the CoinList website is subject to certain disclosures, restrictions and risks, available here.